Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ughh



Well, I was not going to touch the bathroom, but as I was redoing the ceiling joists, one over the bathroom was proving an issue. So I started to look into it.





As I did so I was tracing some wire's IE the wires from the left side of the RV, and found....



Now is that factory?

So I got a little upset, ripped the rest of the interior out down to the studs and metal, ripped out all the wiring.

Now I.m thinking OMG what have I got myself into. I just added at least another 3-4 days worth or work. I may as well redo the floor now that I'm at it.

I also removed the Battery Box, only to discover it was originally the generator compartment. The Gas tank for the Generator was still under the floor. Who ever did it just cut the pipes put some plywood over the hole, and then slapped 5 Big Deep cycle batteries on top. Well I gutted that also.

Now I have a huge pile of wire's the big inverter, and the back 1/3 of the unit down to metal.

Tomorrows project is to finish the stud's.

I'm working on the rewire diagram now. I think I will add' phone and cable for shore hook up while I'm at it.

My wife is still amazed that I say this will be done by May Long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment