Saturday, April 18, 2009

Out with the Fridge Furnace and Bathroom

Okay I was not going to do it, but there was one joist I wanted to replace that, was just going to be a pain with trying to leave those.

I'm sort of in awe at the poor workman ship, I am sure this RV sold for big dollars when it was new. The Fridge and furnace installation was pathetic to say the least. So its out and down to the tin, I will re frame it tomorrow.

The bathroom is out, and the only issue is the white latex paint over the vinyl. I will also rip out the storage compartment over the battery box tomorrow. That will have the last 1/3 of the unit down to the frame.

My wife is in a panic. I have just over a month to put it all together.

But despite the amount of tear down. I have only been slowed down by weather. I could not install the insulation today due to the cool weather. Next week that should be done, then I can close the roof and walls.

Then onto redoing all the cabinetry. And I have been pretty good at removing it, almost no damage at all. So a nice sanding and new stain and it will be like new.

The other odity, is the power line for the Fridge Furnace, and outlets on that side, ran under the lower jam of the rear door, which is odd, it took a lot of damage from the tendancy of the door frame to flex.

I installed wiring conduit in the ceiling so all the wire will run through that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment