Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Been a while since I updated

The interior work has been completed. The cabinets are back up, the wiring redone. The front end took some storm damage, cracking the front window.

I came to a decision which was pretty radical after all this work. It took a lot of effort on this rebuild, effort lost in trying always to repair and maintain. Looking at the amount of work a complete wipe and rebuild was more what was needed.

My wife asked if I could get a bed into the back, so I took out the measuring tape. In the end I decided to wipe and start over.

I have now stripped the vehicle to its chassis. I am in the process of getting the frame extended to make it into a 30 footer. I have a frame mechanic from a local trucking company who is going to do all the fabrication work for me at a really good price. Then get the frame re certified.

Then I will be building a new base, we are going 80 wide on the interior which will give me an 86 wide on the exterior. That is the max allowed for these vehicles. The base will be 2*3 construction on 18 inch centers. The walls will be 7 footers with 2* 3 construction, as well as a 2* 4 roof. This will give a total wall size on the exterior of 101, this will then allow me to sheath the exterior in 1/8 marine grade covered in filon.

I'll keep you posted as to the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment